Thursday, August 9, 2012

Who Knew

Guys, guys, guys...  it's not about who you are, but what you do that defines you.  That is something that everyone should not only know, but trust.  So where is the line between knowledge and trust, and who draws that line, and what substance is the line drawn.  I'm sure there are more questions to be asked, but neither you or me has the resources to produce such answers.  I was taught once that riding a bike was not difficult if you "trusted" yourself.  My response was filled with excuses about not having the proper knowledge needed to succeed.  Neither side is necessarily correct, but there has to be a preference.  So this is where "who draws the line" comes into play.  We all know it takes two to (alliteration) not only tango, but argue.  The difference is that several can argue, but only two can tango. So who has the upper hand; who leads the dance?  Most would think that the strong, outspoken would lead both the argue and the tango, but is that true?  Confidence is not always proven by actions, but acknowledged through performance.  The one who refuses to bat the lashes regardless of circumstances prevails as the ring leader, and the ring is made of chalk.  Chalk, then, must be the substance used to mark the boundary, but do all shoes fit?  Not in my diagnosis.  The substance can be any instrument with the ability to produce lines in the sand.  Now you just have to figure out a way to get to a beach.  We can all know how to trust something.  I believe it is much easier to know something than to trust something.  Knowledge can be tangible, yet can you truly know something.  It has been said that one fears what you do not know.  I kinda agree with that.  I honestly fear what I cannot understand, and  understanding is on trust's side of the line.  I know how to drive a car, but can I trust the car to run properly? So this debate can go on forever, and we all know I can write forever, but can you know forever?  And better yet, can you trust forever?  The scary thing is, you have to.  I think I am willing to do that, but if you are not, simply re-evaluate.  To know something is to trust something.  Maybe this is why I am so smart.  Just maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment